At INSIDE’s heart is a global awards programme, which will be judged by distinguished designers and editors from around the world. Finalists that are shortlisted across nine categories will present their project in person to international judging panels, and you can watch as many as you can fit into three days!
The category winners will then go head-to-head before our super jury. In a hard fought-over battle, one practice will win the ultimate accolade of World Interior of the Year, which will be presented on the final day of the Festival.
Each day there will be up to 17 crits running at any one time, all running to a finely tuned schedule so you can jump from one to the other. Hear the inside story on hundreds of projects both WAF and INSIDE.
Live presentations, and the fact that all festival delegates can attend them, are two key elements in what make the WAF and INSIDE awards unique. Category judging takes place on the first two days of the Festival:
- Each category has an international panel of three judges
- Each panel operates in a "crit room"
- For each category it judges, the panel needs to select a winner
- After the final day’s presentation, each jury decides in private who has won, and the chair produces brief comments on what the jury liked about the winner
- All presentations take 10 minutes and juries have eight minutes to ask questions and discuss the project with the designer
- The judges represent the audience of delegates
- Category winners are announced at the end of each day, following the keynote
- The category winners go on to present to the Super Jury on the final day